IVS’ large network of veterinary specialists are always keen to deliver seminars or CE courses worldwide in order to promote their discipline and share expertise with colleagues of all different horizons and background. IVS offer a large range of Ultrasound Workshops and Courses. All courses provided are RACE approved, with CE points are allocated and recognised for IVUSS Certification.
** Please note owing to the Coronavirus situation all dates will be confirmed on an ongoing basis. Please refer back to this page for the latest updates.
Here are our Upcoming Events in each region:
HKVA 2 Day Basic Basic Echocardiography Workshop
February 11 – 12, 2023
Having you confident on how to perform a Basic Echocardiogram examination and confident on how to differentiate between cardiac and non-cardiac causes of dyspnea in cats, as well as how to identify a dog with myxomatous mitral valve disease and who will benefit from Pimobendan treatment.
Maximum practical scanning time under supervision and guidance will be provided during both days.
Lectures will be illustrated with large amount of Case Discussion in order to get you familiar with basic Echocardiography interpretation and ultrasonographic findings in most common acquired cardiac diseases in both dogs and cats.
About the Course
- Participants will be scanning in three groups of three to guarantee best practical learning experience and maximize supervised scanning time.
- Each group will have its own high-end ultrasound system.
- Participants are fully responsible for bringing their own volunteer animals for the practical scanning session (minimum 1 animal per attendant). Animals should be on a leash or kept inside a carrier during lectures and lunch. Sedative and reversal drugs (if required), and stethoscopes are fully responsibility of participants. Animals must be up to date on vaccines (Distemper, Parvo, Rabies for dogs, FVRCP for cats) and non-aggressive.
- Limited to 9 participants ONLY.
- Total CPD 16 points (7 points per day)
- Approved by the Hong Kong Veterinary Surgeons Board and AAVSB’s Registry of Approved Continuing Education
Dr Myriam Baranger-Ete, DVM EMSAVM MRCVS
Dr. Mark Dirven, DVM DECVIM-CA Cardiology
Members of HKVA and its affiliated associations: HK$10,000 for both days
Non-members: HK$12,000 for both days
Conference Room, 1/F, Veterinary Specialty Hospital Kowloon, 7 Liberty Avenue, Ho Man Tin
For enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webinar Bundle 2023
About the Course: This bundle includes a years worth of Sound Academy webinars (4 in total) so you are guaranteed not to miss out. Live sessions held at 7.30pm AEDT/AEST, a replay link will be available for all registered attendees.
- WEBINAR 1: Thursday 9th February 2023, at 7.30pm AEDT – Feline Echocardiography: new classification and latest updates with Dr Inma Cerrada BVS, MS, MVM, Dipl ACVIM (Cardiology)
- WEBINAR 2: Thursday 11th May 2023, at 7.30pm AEST – Gallbladder ultrasound and pathologies with Dr Viriginie De Busscher DVM, Dip. ECVDI
- WEBINAR 3: Thursday 10th August 2023, at 7.30pm AEST – Ultrasound of Rabbits – what is special and most common pathologies with Dr Nicole Wyre DVM, Dipl ABVP (Avian), Dipl ABVP (ECM), CVA
- WEBINAR 4: Thursday 9th November 2023, at 7.30pm AEDT – Ultrasonographic findings in endocrine diseases (Diabetes, Cushing’s disease, Addison’s disease, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism…) with Dr Francesca Del Chicca Dr. med. vet., PhD, Dipl. ECVDI
$220 AUD (incl. GST)
Australian Animal Protection Society, 26 Aegean Ave, Keysborough VIC 3173, Australia
For enquiries, please email: email@example.com